Sunday, August 8, 2010

Digital Citizenship...(tool 11)

In these super advanced technological times it's not possible to just allow students on to technology sources without guidance and instruction. Students are no longer just completing a prescribed program that goes in steps that the teacher assigned. Students are now able to access just about anything with the use of technology. I believe that three important lessons in digital citizenship that I will provide to my students are the importance of digital literacy; helping them to understand that technology involves finding information effetively and processing it to learn the unknown. I will also teach safety when using technology since it is of utmost importance when children are involved. Another lesson I will provide will be on etiquette, teaching them the rules to follow and the expected behaviours when working in the digital world.

No comments:

Post a Comment